Blackberry handsets are always being a name of quality with some uncountable functionalities and applications. The blackberry was once considered to be only a business mobile phone which was supposed by the businessmen but now from some time blackberry has changed this reputation and the new Smartphones are coming up with some new and entertaining applications. The developers have also tried to change the outlook and now the new handsets have started bringing the touch screens rather than the huge keyboard. The blackberry storm just like its name emerged as a storm in the international markets and received a huge round of clause from the public but unfortunately there was some lack of functionality in the screen of Blackberry Storm which annoyed the people but now the Blackberry storm 2 has overcome all those problems and has arrived as a new bomb blasting the other Smartphones.
With the large and fantastic touch screen this handset has now arrived as a new marvel featuring some new functionality along with the earlier capabilities of Blackberry handsets. It offers a new SurePress touch screen which was earlier criticized by the customers as well as the market experts.
At the first glance this handset seems almost similar to its predecessor but on a close inspection you’ll notice some very subtle differences. The SurePress interface provides you full QWERTY keyboard available in the landscape and the portrait mode. The other features of this handset are also much outclassed and are provided in a bit detail below so let’s have a look.
• It has a large 3.25 inch screen with 65,000 colors to give you a bright and colorful user interface.
• It is the first CDMA blackberry which offers a Wi-Fi which gives the fastest speed and there would no problem of low coverage as experienced with the 3G support.
• The blackberry 5.0 brings some very fine improvements to the blackberry browser which promises quick page rendering and speed improvements all because of CSS processing and faster java scripting.
• It supports dual-mode functionality that allows it to automatically switch between the Verizon dual-band CDMA network in the states and the international QUAD band support networks.
• It is same in size to its predecessor but 5g heavier and it was not a bad this does seems annoying because of the new premium feel.
• It is better from all the Android phones because of its desktop client manager which lets you easily synchronize PIM information and load photos, videos and music.
• The auto correction software is also ideal for spotting and tweaking spelling errors.
• Battery Life: CDMA: 11.2 days standby, 5.5 hours of talk time, GSM: 12.7 days standby, 5 hours of talk time, UMTS: 11.7 days standby, 6 hours of talk time
This new storm 2 has fixed many problems which were noticed in the storm and some new enhancements have also been brought in this new handset. As the final words I will say that this new Handset has features much better touch screen display with a new Wi-Fi connectivity which is making it unique among all the handsets brought in the market by blackberry.
Acer an USA PC brand which is been a leading manufacturer of computer devices after seeing the popularity of smart phone and tablet has decided to jump into the fray recently it has launched a few tab and had also tasted success .
After seeing the success story of tab they have launched another tab Acer iconia A1-810 an 8 inch tablet though it seems that ionic has tried to copy apple mini ipod design which is nothing wrong as there are many company which wants to emulate a successful model or device.
Iconia is a sub 8 inch tablet to be precise its 7.97 inch the looks are heavily inspired by Apple iPad mini the aspect ratio is 4:3 which though similar to mini is quiet subpar by today specification but it is thicker than iPad mini but the screen is LCD panel just like Apple mini the color production is not as good as mini but considering the difference in cost it’s not too bad either but sunlight visibility is not good at all and as there is no ambient light sensor hence there is no automatic brightness control so the brightness has to be controlled manually. The panel feels low cost the touch though support 10 finders but is not up to the point there is nothing outstanding about the design either and coming to weights it heavier at 410 grams.
If you use your right hand there is a chance that you might block the single tiny speaker situated at the back of screen the power and volume rocker button is situated at the top and is easy to find.
Iconic is powered by media tek 1.2 GHz quad core processor which runs on the latest Android version 4.2.2 the Ram is 1 GB and the internal memory is 16 Gb which can be extended by using micro SD card on the right side there is a micro HDMi port to connect to bigger screen for internet you can connect using Wi-Fi or usb Dongles the NFC is left out though the screen is IPS display which gives a good viewing angle the video playback is not good enough.
Out of 16GB, 5GB is taken by apps which you are not going to use you can have easy access to lock device by Acer’s Touch Wakeup feature, you can lock the device by placing 5 fingers at the top and unlock it by tapping 2 fingers at the lock screen.
Powered by lithum ion 5280 mAH battery the device last for around 8 hours which is quiet okay for 8 inch tab there are two camera in this tab a 5MPrear camera to take photo and record video and a front VGA camera for video chat the camera are basic in nature devoid if any special features the images and video produced by the camera is quiet okay but at £180 it is not bad choice.