Blackberry handsets are always being a name of quality with some uncountable functionalities and applications. The blackberry was once considered to be only a business mobile phone which was supposed by the businessmen but now from some time blackberry has changed this reputation and the new Smartphones are coming up with some new and entertaining applications. The developers have also tried to change the outlook and now the new handsets have started bringing the touch screens rather than the huge keyboard. The blackberry storm just like its name emerged as a storm in the international markets and received a huge round of clause from the public but unfortunately there was some lack of functionality in the screen of Blackberry Storm which annoyed the people but now the Blackberry storm 2 has overcome all those problems and has arrived as a new bomb blasting the other Smartphones.
With the large and fantastic touch screen this handset has now arrived as a new marvel featuring some new functionality along with the earlier capabilities of Blackberry handsets. It offers a new SurePress touch screen which was earlier criticized by the customers as well as the market experts.
At the first glance this handset seems almost similar to its predecessor but on a close inspection you’ll notice some very subtle differences. The SurePress interface provides you full QWERTY keyboard available in the landscape and the portrait mode. The other features of this handset are also much outclassed and are provided in a bit detail below so let’s have a look.
• It has a large 3.25 inch screen with 65,000 colors to give you a bright and colorful user interface.
• It is the first CDMA blackberry which offers a Wi-Fi which gives the fastest speed and there would no problem of low coverage as experienced with the 3G support.
• The blackberry 5.0 brings some very fine improvements to the blackberry browser which promises quick page rendering and speed improvements all because of CSS processing and faster java scripting.
• It supports dual-mode functionality that allows it to automatically switch between the Verizon dual-band CDMA network in the states and the international QUAD band support networks.
• It is same in size to its predecessor but 5g heavier and it was not a bad this does seems annoying because of the new premium feel.
• It is better from all the Android phones because of its desktop client manager which lets you easily synchronize PIM information and load photos, videos and music.
• The auto correction software is also ideal for spotting and tweaking spelling errors.
• Battery Life: CDMA: 11.2 days standby, 5.5 hours of talk time, GSM: 12.7 days standby, 5 hours of talk time, UMTS: 11.7 days standby, 6 hours of talk time
This new storm 2 has fixed many problems which were noticed in the storm and some new enhancements have also been brought in this new handset. As the final words I will say that this new Handset has features much better touch screen display with a new Wi-Fi connectivity which is making it unique among all the handsets brought in the market by blackberry.